Monday, March 20, 2017

Book Review- Passion and Purity



I am not good at finishing books quickly, but I'm glad that I kept coming back to this one. I started it last year and would read a couple of chapters at a time before it would it sit next to my bed and be forgotten about for some time. Then I would get lonely or confused and pick it back up again, and it would always have the perfect words for what I needed to be reminded of right then. Whether you are a guy or a girl, single or married there is something to be learned in this book. As a single girl this book met me right where I was, encouraged patience, putting God first and others second in how I approach relationships and made me reexamine what purity is at its core and what actions I want to take to keep my mind, body and soul pure for whatever God has in store for me. It was convicting and encouraging, and I highly recommend it. Elisabeth Elliot tells the story of how she and her husband, Jim, waited an agonizing amount of time before they could have each other. They both had to bend their wills and desires to the Lord and find satisfaction in Him before He allowed them to be together.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Julia. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to visit your profile on the blogger and the blog post once again. I do remember visiting your profile but do not know whether I have commented on your post but once again I take this as an opportunity to reconnect with you. I am once again blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know and your love for the Lord Jesus Christ which is expressed through the very title of your blog "Redeemed By Unfailing love. The book review inspires your reader to read the book "Passion And Purity". I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a live changing experience. My email idis: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete